Well, gentle readers, shocking though it may be, even gals named "Joy" have down seasons. September through January were pretty tough on me. I have no desire to vent all my grievances on the worldwide web or be a Debbie Downer, but I've had a few queries about where I've been so I wanted to share.
That Ain't Me
To roll on through this (yep, I'm quoting "Alabama"), I'll make this quick:
- I don't like when friends are sad.
- I don't like when friends are sick.
- I don't like when mothers are sick.
- I don't like when dogs lose their hearing.
- I don't like when jobs pass over people for promotions.
- I don't like when my country doesn't have standardized healthcare.
- I don't like when bigots hurt people I love.
- I don't like when I can't run to defend against said bigots
- I don't like when my physical limitations... well, limit me.
- I don't like when break ups occur (even when they're necessary).
So there's my season of down in a bulleted list o'ten. Also I started a new job, signed up for Mark Fisher Fitness Snatched (watch out for updates on this), and got a sweet new tattoo (complete with Eagle #2). None of those were downers... just wanted to throw them out there!!
In the end I love my name. I love that it's hard to be sad for long when people are shouting synonyms for happiness at you all the day long. Why I think people are shouting at me is a whole other issue...
"Joy comes from that connection to others."
That's a line from the documentary "Happy". I dig it. Thanks for connecting with me, gentle readers.