Arkansas. Here I come. I have missed you. I missed your southern fried deliciousness, your intense hospitality, your cheap meals and clothing and shoes, and your "traffic" that's not really traffic.
I've been homesick for a few weeks, so this trip has been on the brain for awhile. I'm going for my amazing great grandmother's 100th birthday. I'm so blessed to not only still have such an amazing woman present, with it, and awesome. But I'm also incredibly lucky to be able to go to back home, sit on her porch, eat her peanut butter cookies, and have her tell me how she prays for each of her children, grandchildren, great granchildren, and now great great grandchildren by name every day. Then she'll also tell me something hilarious and unexpected like the fact that she's figured out that when the house across the street has the ficus tree on their porch, the drugs are available for sale. She's awesome.
In addition to the family funness that I will no doubt share here upon my return next week, here are some things I plan to accomplish whilst in The Natural State:
- Eat fried pickles from Dixie Cafe
- Drink at least 2 strawberry limeades from Sonic
- Purchase some cheap black flats
- Check out Vera Wang's daily clothing line and hope for a fall find
- Purchase a new hoodie (or 2)
- Go to Wal-Mart
- Cheer on a football team - Cabot High School Panthers at Homecoming and/or Arkansas Razorbacks
- If #7 involves Razorbacks, CALL THEM HOGS with Arkansans!!
- Purchase Razorback goodies for my Yankee friends
- Stay up too late talking to my mother
- Sit around my grandmother's house laughing at nothing at all... just being
- River Market.
- Purchase some good black pumps for less than $100
- Eat too many carbs (and hate myself for it later... but that's not part of the trip)
- Eat Senor Tequila's cheese dip