Sunday, February 13, 2011

For a gal like me, the Grammys got it right...

3.5 hours of solid entertainment.  Or maybe I'm just easily amused??

  1. Anderson Cooper interviews Lady Gaga on "60 Minutes"
  2. Aretha introduced by LL Cool J (one of my first crushes) and sung by Xtina, Florence Welch (where's the black dress??), and JHud (wow she looks great).
  3. Ga. Ga.  You know I love her.  I want those shoulder prosthetics.  And I have a date with her at Garden in 10 days.  Nuff said.
  4. Usher dancing with Biebs... I know, I know.  I'm really a 13-year old girl.
  5. Cee Lo looking all cray-cray. 
  6. Gaga thanking Whitney.  Huh?  Well, ok.  Can I pull off the Stephanie Tanner side-pony next week at her concert??  I might need to hit Ricky's for extensions...
  7. Lady Antebellum (mainly Charles Kelley) singing "If You Don't Know Me By Now"
  8. John Mayer, Norah Jones, & Keith Urban singing "Jolene" (gimpy vid... I'm aware)
  9. Seth Rogen introduces Adam Levine playing the piano as a prequel to Eminem being a hot genius. - Favorite part of the evening.  One layer of my heaven would look just like this... maybe throw Caleb Followil from Kings of Leon into this mix for good measure.
  10. Mick Jagger moving around like he's 23, singing the same lyrics over and over, and entrancing the audience... talk about star quality.

So, yes.  10 men I love to watch, plus Cee-Lo and Gaga.  Maybe I need to actively re-enter the dating arena.

Things I coulda done without...
  1. Rihanna's red hair.  Beyonce's blonde hair.  I know these aren't new, but I'm done with them.
  2. Jaden Smith somehow being cooler than I will ever possibly be.  How is that?!  He's like 10.
  3. Katy Perry's homage to her wedding... can't say I care.
  4. John Mayer reading the teleprompter for "Jolene".
  5. P. Diddy's grill.
  6. Bicyclist strobe-lighting.
  7. J-Lo & Marc Anthony's scripted marital spat (props to Hannah Edwards for adding this one... how could I forget?!)

No comments:

Post a Comment