Sunday, July 25, 2010

Yeah, I'm outdoorsy...

My fabulous friend Suzanne and I try to take advantage of all the freebies this city has to offer. Our favorite we've found so far are the various kayaking adventures. The Long Island City Boathouse offers free kayaking on Sunday afternoons in the summer just down the street from my apartment. And Thursday night we were chosen for their Thursday Night Chill Paddle!

We met in Long Island City and paddled from Gantry State Park north to Astoria Park/Hell Gate Bridge. We took a stop at a bird aviary (I am terrified of birds, but this wasn't so bad), and then headed back down after dark to the LICCB docks. In the end we kayaked about 6 miles, we were some of the best paddlers (I mean we ARE pros after all), and had an absolute blast in the process! I hope to catch another evening paddle to the Brooklyn Bridge sometime soon. We both forgot our cameras this time, but I've attached some pictures from other evening chill paddles below.



No comments:

Post a Comment