Thursday, July 21, 2011

Heavy Melancholy

Tonight I was told of a girl in NYC who went the whole day not speaking to anyone.

My heart felt heavy.
For a girl I've never met.
The fixer bubbled up within me.
I want her not to be sad and alone.
Ironic really.
In a city of 8 million people, she spoke to no one.

Then I realized I've known others who have done that.  And maybe that doesn't equal sad and alone.  My melancholic triggers aren't the same as everyone else's.  Maybe she just needed a day, an hour, a minute.

But in case her triggers are the same as mine, I'm sending out sighs of contentment to her.  If she rejects them, maybe the Universe will shoot them right back at me.

-----------------------------------------------------

Speaking of melancholy...  Will November come soon enough?  I'm ready for this film.  Happy birthday to me.  The image at 1:01 of Kirsten Dunst in the wedding dress atop the stack of chairs just might be enough to do me in.  So beautiful.


No comments:

Post a Comment