Monday, December 27, 2010

Ho Ho Ho - Christmas 2010.

I spent my first Christmas alone.  And as I mentioned in my last entry, I'm very happy about it.  Now that it's all said I'm done, I'm THRILLED about it.  Many of you have been curious what I did with myself during this time.  Here's a pictorial account...

This is my 10th Christmas season in NYC and 10th that I've wanted to see the NYC Ballet's "The Nutcracker".  Tickets ain't cheap though and NO ONE ever wants to go with me.  So Selby got me a ticket as my Christmas present.  I went on Christmas Eve, and it was FANTASTIC!!

Me at Lincoln Center post-ballet

My friend Sal sent me my horoscope for the Christmas weekend which said to indulge in food and not stress about the calories.  So I did just that.  My Christmas morning breakfast consisted of biscuits and Nesquik.

Although afterward I went for a run...

Much of the day was spent hearing from family and friends.  The ones of you who texted off and on made me realize how fortunate I am to have AMAZING friends.

Not to mention how lucky I am for this one (who DID NOT want her picture taken)


Funny how even opening presents by myself (via Skype with my mom and stepdad) creates a mess...

I met up with my friend Jeff and his boyfriend Stephen (who btdubs I COULD NOT love more).  I failed to take pics of that gathering... friend failure.

I scored a ticket to "Donny & Marie: A Broadway Christmas" for Christmas night and had a hilarious time.  They are such entertainers.  I mean, seriously, 48 years of entertaining must brainwash it into them.  While I did not exactly fit in with the rest of the crowd at the Marquis, it was definitely a good time.

Part of the reason I stayed here this year was because the past 3 years have presented massive travel difficulties either traveling to or from Arkansas... or both directions.  Super glad I went with that gut instinct this year as NYC is in the midst of a hardcore blizzard!!  Here's me as it was getting started... yes, this is the very front edge of the storm.  I can't wait to commute to work tomorrow.  I foresee jeans, a hoodie, and my super sexy zippy snow boots.  If you're lucky, I'll snag a pic for your enjoyment.

Altogether a nice, reflective weekend - much needed.  But when I went to Skype with my fabulous Mamaw and some of my family Christmas afternoon, my computer went kaput.  I went ahead and called telling her I was about to throw the computer out the window.  To which she informed me that that would do no good.  I suppose she's right.  RIP Dell Computer.  You were a good friend (sometimes)...

Before the blizzard got too bad, Suzanne nudged me over the edge to head to the Apple Store.  Thus, I am now a Mac owner.  I have a lot to learn, but I'm already excited about my new baby here in my lap!  It's sort of reminding me of the first morning after I had LASIK surgery - a bit unsure, a bit fuzzy, but instantly knowing the right decision was made!

No comments:

Post a Comment