Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Snow!!!

The news promised a snowstorm for Saturday night, then Sunday morning, then kept pushing it back.  So when several friends/family called asking if the blizzard had hit, I just said I didn't think it was gonna hit NYC.  I was wrong.

Outside my apartment this morning...

Waiting for the train in 4 foot snow drifts...

Outside my office on 42nd Street... (wonder if they'll get this all cleared up by Friday for the NYE bash)

Sexy zippy boots as promised.

Trekked out in Astoria tonight to grab some pics.  Astoria Blvd near the bridge is below.  I did, however, fashion a fabulous wintry ensemble to wear, but I failed to get a picture of it.  It included my Razorback hoodie, black leggings, red legwarmers, a red hat, and my new black rubber boots purchased today sans zipper.

The streets have clearly not had much of a plowing, but the sidewalks had a skinny little walkway.

Snow! from White Christmas...

Snow
It won't be long before we'll all be there with snow
Snow
I want to wash my hands, my face and hair with snow

Snow
I long to clear a path and lift a spade of snow
Snow
Oh, to see a great big man entirely made of snow

Where it's snowing
All winter through
That's where I want to be
Snowball throwing
That's what I'll do
How I'm longing to ski
Through the snow-oh-oh-oh-oh

Those glist'ning houses that seem to be built of snow
Snow
Oh, to see a mountain covered with a quilt of snow

What is Christmas with no snow
No white Christmas with no snow
Snow

I'll soon be there with snow
I'll wash my hair with snow
And with a spade of snow
I'll build a man that's made of snow
I'd love to stay up with you but I recommend a little shuteye
Go to sleep
And dream
Of snow!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment