Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Wishing on an empty sky


The Triboro Bridge takes my breath away.  I run under it 4 nights a week and am always taken aback by the beauty the city casts against the quietness of Astoria Park.  The only thing this picture is missing is a traditional ability to wish.

I love wishing on stars.  It's one of the things I miss about Arkansas.  But in the absence of stars to wish on, I've found myself wishing on an empty sky.  Not a cloudy sky, not a sunlit sky, but an empty night sky.  It happens only in bright urban areas.  And I love that it belongs only to us who live here.

Let's wish, my fellow urbanites... and let's trust that all our dreams come true.  We are, after all, in the place where dreams are made.

1 comment:

  1. This is a beautiful picture. You do live in a magnificent place. The next time I come to New York I want to go where you run to see the sites. Love and miss you.
    Mother

    ReplyDelete