Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Now. Here. This.

Now.  It's my time to resolve.  I don't do the New Year's resolutions for a number of reasons - 1) January is not exactly my best time of year, 2) Memorial Day is just better, 3) I've never been one to follow societal rules.  There's a food one, an exercise one, a writing one (maybe two?), and a work one.

Here.  As much as traveling makes me smile, I've never been happier to be in NYC.  Coming up on 10 years definitely makes me a full-fledged New Yorker.

This.  This job.  This class.  This group of friends.  This family.  This dog.  This apartment.  This closet of shoes.  This experience.  This life.

In addition to the regular beginning of summer betterments, I just lost someone very dear to me.  Her funeral and the surrounding days were enlightening.  They were eye-opening, and they were tearful.  My writing class last night COULD NOT have gone better... my ideas are appreciated and my style is being rewarded.  Plus, the change in my writing (not so much my personal blog here) is quite evident.  This class is one of the best things I've done.

Then there was tonight.  I went to see "Now. Here. This." at The Vineyard.  The workshop only goes through next Sunday, but fellow New Yorkers (especially in the arts) run don't walk.  It's gloriously moving and still irreverently hysterical.  It deals with the present and where you are, and I had to share it with you all.  It wrapped up everything I've been dealing with (fear, death, art, boys, and life in general) and gifted itself in a 90-minute/no intermission package.

Now. Here. This.  Bring it (no idea where this is coming from but it's not the first time I've said it today)

No comments:

Post a Comment