Monday, March 9, 2015

Week 1 In The Books!

Whole30: Day 7



Week 1 is in the books, ladies and gents!  And I've gotta say...I feel pretty incredible.  Forget the good food I'm ingesting, or the caffeine I've inadvertently weaned off, or the the fact that I've successfully avoided the candy bowl in our CFO's office.  Beyond all of that, I'm so proud of myself for DOING IT.  I did it.  Yes, it's only 1 week, but IT'S ONE WEEK.





Breakfast: Potato and Bell Pepper Frittata and... shocker, Green smoothie
Lunch: Another slice of frittata from breakfast
Dinner: Went out for family dinner as my planned indulgence for the week for some delicious steak, broccoli, and baked sweet potato
Snack: Raspberries


In Soul Body System we're supposed to plan our indulgences, so given the constraints of the Whole30, my indulgence was to simply go out to eat with the fam.  I've gotta say watching them eat amazing appetizers that I would typically help devour was so tempting at first, but then I found such empowerment in choosing not to eat it!  I mean, in just a couple of weeks I'll totally join in with the knowledge of how it'll make me feel. 

Andrew, the most incredible guy imaginable, is still absolutely slaying this Whole30 bizness.  While he really wanted the cheesy, bacon-covered french fries at dinner, he held off too.  He made the comment that all 7 of our dinners thus far are things he'll want even after Day 30.  I'm a lucky gal.

No comments:

Post a Comment